Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Finally!


A few posts back, I pondered on how I would photograph a wedding.

First of all, I don't really do that.  Wedding photography, like architectural photography or fine portraiture or any other specialty, is just that: special.  The people who work in that area have developed skills and techniques and reflexes to produce the best possible results.  Now, most reasonably experienced photographers can do any of those things competently, but one should go to the guy who does something all the time -- and is the thing he chose to do -- to get it done right.

All the same, I have done a couple of weddings.  Once, many years ago, it was for an extremely budget-strapped colleague at UPI.  More recently, it was truly the only wedding present I could afford for a friend.

In the end, because she knew who I was and what my work was, I'm pretty proud of the product, as I shot it the way I wanted with the gear I wanted to use ...


Another thing that worked for this was that the subjects were friends, meaning they were used to me shooting all the time, including the dinner on the first night as everyone arrived.


And then there was the rehearsal, in the field at a nature center where the bride worked at the time.



A quiet moment for the bride before practicing the march in.


Flower girls and ring bearer.




And finally that night, the rehearsal dinner at a favorite club of the couple.

NEXT: The Wedding Day, preparation and ceremony.




No comments:

Post a Comment