Sunday, May 8, 2016

Disney, with Leica


We went to Disneyworld in March, with side trips to Sea World's Discovery Cove and the workshop of animatronic innovator Aaron Fechter (more on the last later). Naturally, rather than do the usual thing, like just depend on the iPhone for pictures, like every other person in the 21st Century might, I brough a Leica M3 with TMax black-and-white film.


In the hotel on the journey down, a typical family scene.


A high school marching band had been invited to perform; we encountered them almost immediately upon arriving at Main Street, USA.




The girls enjoy a ride on the giant carousel.


Outside, the infamous Disney zig-zag line.













On the bus back to the hotel; another visitor's day is done.



At Discovery Cove, a Nikonos II was required.


The Disney pictures were all shot with an M3 and 28mm lens. Typically, I carried a 35, 50, and 90 with me, but I don't recall ever pulling them out of the bag. The Nikonos had a 35mm lens. All of the film shows some damage, which I haven't really had the patience to repair totally in post-processing. I will eventually produce clean scans ...


No comments:

Post a Comment